Coating Thickness Gauge
Model No. PTG-4200
Coating thickness measurement with color Flip Display!
The PHASE II PTG-4200 coating thickness gauge can perform two different methods of calculating thickness measurement by utilizing the characteristics of both eddy current and magnetic induction.
Testing performance is both non-destructive and extremely accurate.
With this state of the art coating thickness gauge, you can easily detect the coating thickness of nonmagnetic coating on a magnetic substrate (ferrous) or an insulating coating on a non-magnetic conductive substrate (non-ferrous) utilizing our auto-detect, integrated probe
The PTG-4200 coating thickness gauge can be used in many areas of industry including automotive auctions, manufacturing,
general engineering, commercial inspection, etc.
PTG-4200 coating thickness gauge Main Technical Data
- Measuring range: 0-1,250 µm max. or 0-50 mils
- Resolution: 1µm / 0.1mils
- Accuracy: +/- 3% + 2µm ( +/-3%+0.1 mil )
- Display: 3 digit selectable color LCD w/flip screen
- Statistics: Min/Max, Average (Um only)
- Min. measuring area: 0.2” x 0.2” (5mm x 5mm)
- Min. radius of curvature: Convex: 0.12” (3mm)
Concave: 1.2” (30mm)
- Min. substrate thickness: Convex: Ferrous: 20 mils (0.5mm)
Non-ferrous: 2 mils (50 µ m)
- Max. Surface temperature of test object: 302 degrees F (contact time max is 2 seconds)
- Power source:2-AAA batteries
- Dimensions: 119 x 45 x 27mm
- Weight: 2.4oz. (w/o Batteries)
The PTG-4000 coating thickness gauge utilizes an integrated probe that can automatically detect a Ferrous or Non-Ferrous substrate and comes with 2 substrate samples(steel,aluminum), 4 calibrated thickness samples, carry case, batteries and operation manual.